Automated External Defibrillator
On completion of the session learners will:
- Have an overview of Ventricular Fibrillation and the use of defibrillators
- Emphasis on early intervention, early CPR and the importance of the ‘Chain of Survival’
- Hands-on practice using training AEDs
- Scenario practice sessions tailored to portray similar situations to which candidates may have to respond
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of AEDs.
Certification: Successful candidates will be awarded the WorkSafe Automated External Defibrillation qualification which is valid for 12 months and certificated by WorkSafe Training Systems.
NB: The UK Resuscitation Council recommend that candidates undertaking this qualification receive a minimum of 6 monthly refresher sessions.