Upon completion of the course the learners will cover the following content:
- Understand how insects live, breed and develop and how they fit into the animal kingdom
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of insect control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits and habitats of the main insects found in and around domestic premises
- Understand the way insecticides are applied and the importance of maintaining application equipment to a high standard
- Understand the importance of storing, transporting, using and disposing of insecticides safely and legally with due regard to the environment
Certification: Upon successful completion of the end of course assessment the learners will receive a certificate of attendance supplied by the training provider.
NB: Learners must supply their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this course.