On completion of the course the learners should be able to:
- Define “manual handling”;
- Understand the legislation applicable to manual handling operations;
- Understand how manual handling can cause injuries;
- Understand the potential issues involved with temporary traffic management operations;
- Understand good handling techniques;
- Understand the principles for controlling manual handling risk & apply these to a practical situation;
Certification: On completion learners will be required to undertake a multiple- choice test paper (16 questions) and achieve a 75% pass mark. Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate from the recognised industry awarding organisation, Lantra Awards.