On completion of the session learners will:
- Be aware of the relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Be aware of Sector Schemes
- Understand the QA process and NHSS documents
- Be aware of the different types of road across the UK road network
- Be aware of which roads / works are covered by which NHSS document
- Be aware of the different classifications of “road users” i.e. pedestrians, horse riders, cyclists ect
- Understand the different terminology used in the TTM industry in relation to different roads
- Understand the process(es) required to become a qualified Operative and obtain a skills registration card, plus ongoing training to a Supervisor level
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements including risk assessments and method statements
- Have an understanding of the variety of TTM equipment and the basic principles of its use
- Understand what constitutes a safety zone
- Be aware of the general PPE requirements
- Understand crossing the carriageway HSE CIS53
- Be aware of the different types of vehicles used in TTM and where they are used
- Understand the environment where learners are expected to work
- Be aware of the safe way to enter / exit a site
- Be aware of the need to maintain sites, and what is involved
- Know how to deal with accidents and emergences within the works area.
Certification: On completion all learners will undertake a multiple-choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards will make certification for successful learners, which is valid for 6 months only.
NB: Price shown is event cost only. Successful completion of event will be subject to an additional registration cost.
In order to confirm a booking a deposit of £50.00 is required, this can be paid online during the booking process or by phone during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 08:00am to 5:00pm). Any payments not received within 2 working days of making the booking the allocated place(s) will be cancelled.