- Be aware of the Sector Scheme Document
- Be aware of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and understand their obligations
- Understand the importance of risk assessments and method statements for traffic management activities
- Be aware of the reference documentation used for traffic management
- Know the requirements for an Impact Protection Vehicle as described in the relevant reference documents
- Be able to conduct pre-works checks on an Impact Protection Vehicle
- Understand the procedures used for protecting the installation of a static temporary traffic management taper
- Understand the procedures used for protecting mobile hard shoulder operations
- Understand the extent of their duties after achieving this qualification
- Understand the different types of work that are beyond the scope of this qualification and require full Mobile Lane Closure techniques to be implemented
- Demonstrate that they have sufficient underpinning knowledge required to be an IPV driver
- Prepare an IPV ready for working on the hard shoulder
- Arrive on site and set up the operation correctly
- Operate to safe working procedures including hazard and junction negotiation
- Remove the operation correctly
Certification: Completion of the award will consist of a successful on-site assessment and scoring a minimum of 75% in the end of course multiple choice test. Successful learners will receive endorsement on their 12AB card once application to Lantra Awards has been made.NB: Qualified 12C Supervisors do not have to attend the IPV course as this is covered by their 12C Supervisor status.
NB: All learners MUST hold a valid LGV Class 2 licence and be able to produce a copy before attending the course.
*Price shown is event cost only. Successful completion of event will be subject to an additional registration cost.
In order to confirm a booking a deposit of £50.00 is required, this can be paid online during the booking process or by phone during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 08:00am to 5:00pm). Any payments not received within 2 working days of making the booking the allocated place(s) will be cancelled.