On completion of the session learners will:
- Have a working knowledge of National Highway Sector Schemes
- Interpret the requirements of ‘The Safety at Street Works and Road Works, A Code of Practice (The Red Book), and further guidance from ‘The Traffic Signs Manual’ Chapter 8
- Consider all options available to determine the level and extent of the Temporary Traffic Management required
- Demonstrate knowledge of the site risk assessment process
- Have the ability to assess and determine temporary traffic layout required for a given work location, activity or operation
- Understand the standard of equipment that is acceptable to use
- Realise the implications of changing conditions on site
- Have the confidence to liaise with site staff for appropriate remedial actions
- Have the ability to confirm suitability of TTM plans prior to work starting on site
Certification: On completion all learners will be required to undertake a written examination which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the national awarding body) will issue a certificate to successful candidates with the option of purchasing a card. Refresher training is required every 5 years to keep your certificate or card valid.
NB: *Price shown is event cost only. Successful completion of event will be subject to an additional registration cost.
In order to confirm a booking a deposit of £50.00 is required, this can be paid online during the booking process or by phone during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 08:00am to 5:00pm). Any payments not received within 2 working days of making the booking the allocated place(s) will be cancelled.