On completion, learners withh complete the following course content;
- Location of underground apparatus.
- Signing, lighting and guarding.
- Excavation in the highway.
- Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials.
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road base nonbituminous materials.
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials.
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
- By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the NRSW Act 1991
- Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
- Perform duties of each unit and/or qualification as prescribed by SQA standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable.
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
Certification: On completion, learners will receive a certificate for each unit. In addition, various combinations of the units will lead to a full Street Works qualification for which an SWQR card will be awarded.required every 5 years to keep your card valid.