On completion of the session learners will:
- Understand what is Customer Service to the Highways England and the Supply Chain
- Understand the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Gain an overview of Highways England’s Minimum expectations for working on their strategic road network (SRN)
- Gain a basic understanding of temporary traffic management
- Be able to review fatal risks that occur when working on the SRN
- Be able to identify the essential health and wellbeing points to consider in the work place
- Be able to identify and describe main environmental issues fount on sites
- State the impact upon themselves, their lives and their families and friends of a serious accident at work
- Be able to identify poor behaviour on a works site
- Be able to describe why H&S knowledge and good working practice can improve behaviour on a works site
Certification: On completion all learners will undertake an end of course test which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards will distribute certificates for successful learners.Passport cards are to be held on person when entering any site on the Highways England Road Network (SRN).
NB: Rates shown are event cost only. Successful completion of event will be subject to an additional registration cost.