On completion of the session learners will:
- Understand the principles of Sector schemes, general health and safety at work, risk assessments and method statements associated with the mobile traffic management industry
- Reference documentation relevant to the mobile lane closure technique.
- Training and assessment requirements for mobile lane closure personnel.
- Vehicle and Equipment specification
- Communications roles and responsibilities
- Mobile lane closure principles and practical techniques
- The types of work that require full mobile lane closure techniques and the limitations
Certification: On completion all learners will undertake a multiple choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards (the National HSTM award body) will make certification for successful learners. Full completion of the award can be achieved over a further period of a maximum 12 months, by undertaking on site assessments with a suitably qualified assessor in accordance with the award body’s scheme rules.