Upon completion of the course the learners will know:
- How to act in accordance with safe working procedures.
- How to use the abrasive wheel equipment correctly.
- Awareness of their responsibilities, dangers, and hazards when working with abrasive wheel equipment.
- Outline PUWER, testing, maintenance, and suitability of equipment
- PPE, respiratory protective requirements
- Implications of vibration, noise etc
- Outline electrical safety issues
- Explain wheel markings, wheel types etc
- Safe mounting of wheels
- Safe use of disc cutter/grinder
- Practical demonstration and use
Certification: Upon successful completion of the end of course assessment the learners will receive a certificate of attendance supplied by the training provider.
NB: Learners must supply their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this course.