- Be aware of the Sector Scheme Document
- Be aware of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and understand their obligations
- Understand the importance of risk assessments and method statements for traffic management activities
- Be aware of the reference documentation used for traffic management
- Know the requirements for an Impact Protection Vehicle as described in the relevant reference documents
- Be able to conduct pre-works checks on an Impact Protection Vehicle
- Understand the procedures used for protecting the installation of a static temporary traffic management taper
- Understand the procedures used for protecting mobile hard shoulder operations
- Understand the extent of their duties after achieving this qualification
- Understand the different types of work that are beyond the scope of this qualification and require full Mobile Lane Closure techniques to be implemented
- Demonstrate that they have sufficient underpinning knowledge required to be an IPV driver
- Prepare an IPV ready for working on the hard shoulder
- Arrive on site and set up the operation correctly
- Operate to safe working procedures including hazard and junction negotiation
- Remove the operation correctly
Certification: Completion of the award will consist of a successful on-site assessment and scoring a minimum of 75% in the end of course multiple choice test. Successful learners will receive endorsement on their 12AB card once application to Lantra Awards has been made.NB: Qualified 12C Supervisors do not have to attend the IPV course as this is covered by their 12C Supervisor status.
NB: Price shown is the training cost only.
Registration(s) are not applicable for the training course only. Registration(s) are applied for upon completion of practical assessments. For more information on completing the practical assessments please contact the office.
In order to confirm a booking a deposit of £50.00 is required, this can be paid online during the booking process or by phone during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 08:00am to 5:00pm). Any payments not received within 2 working days of making the booking the allocated place(s) will be cancelled.