Upon completion of the course the learners will cover the following content:
- State and comply with safety and legal requirements of a brushcutter/trimmer, with an emphasis on safe practices, warning signs and guards
- State and identify the correct protective clothing to wear and the standards required
- Perform routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook
- Identify faults and defects on a brushcutter/trimmer and decide which the operator can easily remedy, and which should be referred to a specialist engineer
- Identify which cutting head to select for the relevant operating conditions
- Carry out fuel mixing correctly and be able to start the brushcutter/trimmer from both a hot and a cold condition in a safe manner
- Operate the brushcutter/trimmer in a safe manner having regard for the safety of themselves, the public, property and environmental factors
- Plan systematic working operations
- Use the manufacturer’s instruction book and parts list (the use of the manufacturer’s instruction book is stressed at all times to ensure maintenance and adjustments are carried out to manufacturers’ recommendations.
Certification: Upon successful completion of the end of course assessment the learners will receive a certificate of attendance supplied by the training provider.
NB: Learners must supply their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this course.