Upon completion of the course the learners will know:
- The challenges of the construction industry.
- How Health & Safety law is structure and how it applies to supervisors.
- How the supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safety.
- How to carry out risk assessments and the need for method statements.
- How to carry out effective toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- How to monitor site activities effectively.
- The importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Certification: Upon successful completion of the course the learners will be awarded with a Site Safety PLUS certificate awarded by CITB.
NB: The certificate is valid for 5 years, after which the learners must sit a 2 day SMSTS Refresher course to renew the certificate and keep their qualification up to date.