Upon completion of the course the learner will have covered the following content:
- Produce a site specific Risk Assessment for stump grinding operations
- State the principles of HSE legislation and safety guidelines for using a stump grinder
- Select the appropriate PPE and state the maintenance requirements
- Carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of a stump grinder
- Carry out routine operator maintenance
- Inspect and identify defects on the grinding mechanism
- Prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop machine
- Prepare a work area and a range of stumps for grinding and identify hazardous materials not to be ground
- Use approved techniques for safe and efficient stump grinding of a range of stump sizes
- State the procedure for removing blockages
- Re-instate ground and deal with arisings
- Prepare machine for transport and storage
Certification: Upon successful completion of the end of course assessment the learners will receive a certificate of attendance supplied by the training provider.
NB: Learners must supply their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this course.