On completion of the session learners will:
- Be aware of the relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Be aware of Sector Schemes
- Understand the QA process and NHSS documents
- Be aware of the different types of road across the UK road network
- Be aware of which roads / works are covered by which NHSS document
- Be aware of the different classifications of “road users” i.e. pedestrians, horse riders, cyclists ect
- Understand the different terminology used in the TTM industry in relation to different roads
- Understand the process(es) required to become a qualified Operative and obtain a skills registration card, plus ongoing training to a Supervisor level
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements including risk assessments and method statements
- Have an understanding of the variety of TTM equipment and the basic principles of its use
- Understand what constitutes a safety zone
- Be aware of the general PPE requirements
- Understand crossing the carriageway HSE CIS53
- Be aware of the different types of vehicles used in TTM and where they are used
- Understand the environment where learners are expected to work
- Be aware of the safe way to enter / exit a site
- Be aware of the need to maintain sites, and what is involved
- Know how to deal with accidents and emergences within the works area.
Certification: On completion all learners will undertake a multiple-choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards will make certification for successful learners, which is valid for 6 months only.
NB: The price shown includes the awarding organisation registration costs.
All online bookings MUST be paid in full at the time of booking. We DO NOT offer credit except to business account holders.
All online tests MUST be completed on either a Laptop or PC/Mac with a webcam, mobile phones and tablets are NOT permitted. You must also ensure the following conditions are available:
- A strong, stable internet connection. Some of your software applications/other users may have to be turned off to maintain the strength of the connection
- Google Chrome installed as your browser
- Photo ID such as Driving licence/Passport ready to take the exam
- In a room on your own
- Be in a quiet space without interruptions during the exam
Please be advised that due to the Awarding Organisation’s quality assurance process, whereby they review all footage of the Online exams to ensure appropriate conduct and compliance, there is a delay of up to 5 working days for confirming results. Sign off sheets WILL NOT be issued until these results have been approved and confirmed by the Awarding Organisation.